Welcome to My Scene

"My Scene" is sharing a finished painting or my 3 step process to a finished painting using photographs or sketches. Asking, how can I make this scene or subject mine from refrences that hold my attention longer than 5 minutes. Some photographs are just....photographs not paintable interesting subjects. So let's began and hope you enjoy your painting experience........JoBeth

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sketch When Inspired

Recently while having lunch at Abuleo's, with my husband, I was caught off guard without anything to sketch on but a cocktail napkin or my husbands shirt.  (He said, No). The light reflections streaming in and around the busy scene was a painting waiting in the wings.  I not only didn't have paper, no pen....so borrowing the waiters pen, shapes that appealed to me where quickly drawn.  The figures moving around changed the light prospective often and another napkin was required.  Think I have enough information to compose several interesting paintings from one setting.  I keep a small tablet in my purse with pen just for those inspiring moments...but where was it when I needed it...at home.  So when you find yourself without, overly inspired,  sketch on anything available....that is anything you can take with you.  Restaurants frown on taking their tablecloths or napkins.....JoBeth
                                                             The napkin drawing
                                          The 11x15 study on A'rches 140# rough paper

No comments:

Post a Comment