Welcome to My Scene

"My Scene" is sharing a finished painting or my 3 step process to a finished painting using photographs or sketches. Asking, how can I make this scene or subject mine from refrences that hold my attention longer than 5 minutes. Some photographs are just....photographs not paintable interesting subjects. So let's began and hope you enjoy your painting experience........JoBeth

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Lamesa Class


Everyone was ready for line painting in Lamesa...unfortunately I forgot to remove my camera from my bag, DUH!! thus don't have photos of the finished paintings that were critiqued at the end of the class...Everyone did exceptional work from their sketches and drawings.  Below are two quarter sheets of my demonstrations which paled in comparison with the quality of work  produced.  My hats off  to the eight of you who took the challenge.....


Color passages of warm and cool mixing together dominate the painting.  A flat bush doubled loaded with a cool and warm indicate figures under the tent.  When this wash of clean colors is dry a rigger brush with a dark value is used to redefine the original sketch.....done!!


No comments:

Post a Comment